Writing Books/request to edit travel text.

hi. thanks in advance for your time.

could you refer me to a writer (possibly adventure travel) who can edit my site text?

it's a relatively small project and i can
pay a fee.

many thanks.

Dear Mike:

Your query represents a conflict of interest for me.  I cannot - in good conscience - refer you to another edting group.  Neither should I sell you my group's services when I am here to 'mentor' or give my knowledge freely to the literary community I have been a part of for over thirty years.  However, allow me to mention that a fine place to begin your search for a legitimate editor is The Editorial Freelancers Association out of New York.  Their web site is  .  Other than being a past member, I have no connection to the organization and receive no remuneration from them.

I will also offer you the following important general information:

A legitimate editor will offer, without being asked, a complete list of references with contact information; a contract spelling out the services you expect to receive; and a not to be exceeded price quote before the job begins.  Editors have two ways of calculating fees.  The first is hourly.  The second is per page ( a page of text runs between 250 and 275 words).  Try to negotiate a per page agreement.

Best of luck to you!

M.L. Max Roth, Executive Editor
The Success Trust Literary Family
"Educating the client is job-one."

Writing Books

M.L. 'Max' Roth, Executive Editor

My specialist area is literary and philosophical fiction. I am pleased to answer all queries regarding story, plot, character arc and development, environment, structure, theme, subtext, and conflict.

Past/Present clients
Numerous client references may be found at: under 'References'. Their contact information is available on request.