Writing Books/rewriting and linking characters

Question
How can I make characters stand out?  Is that mentioned in the book you advized?-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
What should I look for when rewriting?
-----------------------------------------------
How can I link characters together so that they offset to make the book humerous, yet not solely funny?
--------------------------------------
How can I link characters so their personalities clash?
Answer -
Hello Leaf,

I can answer your first question easily. Buy this little book, entitled: Getting The Words Right, by Theodore Cheney. It will give you everything you need for re-writing. Read it through and through and then begin your work.  You won't regret it.

The second and third questions I cannot answer. I don't know what you mean by linking characters together, or what you mean by offset. A book becomes humorous by giving humorous action or dialogue or situations. Personalities clash when characters whose personalities are totally different, are thrown together.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Answer
Hello Leaf,
The little book is for rewriting only. You make characters stand out by understanding human nature, and by being brave enough to allow your characters be true to themselves.
I advise that perhaps you need to take a course at college level in creative writing.
Happy writing and good luck,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris