Writing Books/rights

You can get back later if you don't feel okay right now, but I am confused.
Why and how would a writer give all rights to the publisher?
That means that the author of "Condor" doesn't get any money from films, etc?

Usually the writer does not give or sell all rights, however, sometimes, if the writer is deceased, the publisher will purchase all rights from his estate.  This is one way.  I do not know the story behind this particular situation concerning the Condor episode.  You might Google the Condor, or the author of the Condor and read about it. Perhaps the answer is there.  I am in too much pain to do this, however, I'll bet your answer is on the Internet if you investigate.

My best,

Writing Books

M.L. 'Max' Roth, Executive Editor

My specialist area is literary and philosophical fiction. I am pleased to answer all queries regarding story, plot, character arc and development, environment, structure, theme, subtext, and conflict.

Past/Present clients
Numerous client references may be found at: http://www.successliterary.com under 'References'. Their contact information is available on request.