Writing Books/sci-fi book

Question

recently i started to write a sci-fi novel. it's up to chapter 8 now, and is about 60 pages long. my problem is i'm not sure if it's going to be long enough. also, are there any areas to avoid?

Answer
Dear Sydney,
Thank you for your question. If your story has a satisfying ending, then it's just the right length. The question is whether it's long enough for a book. If it's more than 120 pages double spaced in 10 pt. courrier type, then it's long enough to sell as a book. If it's shorter, then try to sell it as a short story (or novella) to a sci-fi magazine. A sale is a sale. With that under your belt, you can start on your next novel. The more you write, the more developed your writing will become. You can start to add subplots and that will make your stories longer. If this is your first sci-fi novel, don't overwork it by trying to add subplots after the fact. Just finish it with your original vision, start sending it out, then start on another one.
I hope this helps. I have posted an article on how to find a publisher at my page for writers, see:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster