Writing Books/settings

I'm working on a novel, but the problem that i'm getting is that the novel basically only takes place in three settings, and it feels as though it's all repetitive, how would you suggest I change that or correct it?

Also, can I send an exerpt from my story to you for advice?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by saying it feels "repetetive."  Having only three settings shouldn't make a story feel that way, so it could be something else that is giving you this feeling.  Or perhaps you could explain exactly what makes you feel this.

You may email me the first chapter of your novel.  I would be happy to critique these pages for you.  But know that I will be looking at them no differently than an agent or publisher would, and will be brutally honest with you.

You may send them, as an attachment to an email, to mail@vincentmwales.com.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.