Writing Books/Where do I start?

Question
I have a few questions for you. I have never wrote a book before, but I came up with an idea to do a sort of picture/coffee table style book.  First question, how if any, is this type of book different from other books to get published?  The book would be full of photos and historys of different types of mothers and their children.....Second question, I have my idea what next? And how do I go about finding a publisher? The book is laid out in my head, I just need some steps to follow.  Please give me some advice, I would sincerley appreciate it!

Thank you,
Melissa

Answer
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for your letter. A good place to start is with the book,
"Writing the Natural Way." It's linked to my writer's page:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html

Click on the book cover to see more at Amazon.
The book will help you bring the ideas down from your head and onto paper.
That's the most difficult part. It involves a lot of outlining, writing,
and organizing. After that, if it doesn't match your vision, then you
start to edit. It's easier to edit something you have alredy written than
to write the first draft.
After your book starts to take shape, then start sending it out to
publishers. At my writer's page is a link called, "How to Find a
Publisher." That will give you a general overview of what's involved.
Further, I encourage you to write it for reasons other than money. There
are a lot of advantages to having a book besides money.
I hope this helps,
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster