Writing Books/to start writing

i've got the ideas, but i just cant put it in written manner. imaginary is such good in me. but when it comes to pratical, i'm numb. If i were to write, by pencil or pen? Your experience as writer, where do you keep or manage all your work?

Hello Kamarul:

If you want to write, sooner or later you must just start writing. If it is difficult for you, forget your ideas for the moment, and every day write a paragraph about yourself: where you are, what time it is, what the weather is like, how you are feeling, anything that happened to you that day. Do this until you get so comfortable with it that you can do it in five minutes. This should take no more than two weeks.

Once you are accustomed to writing a paragraph every day, start putting your ideas down. I suggest you get a notebook of some kind (you didn't say where you are so I've no idea what resources are available to you) and write your paragraphs in there. Number and date them as you write them, and make sure to write one every day, if at all possible. Make it a priority. Do this for two weeks also.

When you are accustomed to this, move on to a page a day. Sort out those ideas that in particular appeal to you, and expand on them. Write until the words run out, and next day do the same thing.

Sooner or later, your favorite ideas will begin to suggest to you a story or a poem or whatever. Go ahead and finish them. Don't tell yourself your stuff is good or bad, don't change anything, just get it down.

Now you have trained yourself to be a writer. Remember, a writer is one who writes, and forming the habit of writing every day is of great importance.

I keep all my work on my computer. It doesn't really matter whether you write with pencil or pen, so long as you get it down.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 700 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication