Writing Books/How to start?

Question
I was looking for a free checklist on how to write a book.  I have several ideas and stories to follow.  

I also would like to know how to categorize my book.  For example "How to raise a child with glasses".  This isn't actually fact or fiction, however it's my own idea that people could benefit from.  Reading from a book written by a person who've lived through this and willing to share their (my) experience.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Dear Josie,
Thank you for your questions. At my page for writers i have posted a Fiction Writer's Workshop. See http://steamboats.com/writing.html
If you want to write a story, this will guide you through it point by point.
If you want to write a how-to book, you need to start with an outline. Write out everything you want to say, then put it all into order in an outline, then start to flesh it out.
Most authors do write about things they've been through, where they've learned something and want to share it with others. That's the best reason to write a book. Don't write the book for money, write it for love.
At my site there's also an article on how to find a publisher.
I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster