Writing Books/how to get started

I am a addict and alcoholic with Bi-Polar disorder in my first year of recovery.  As I am learning, the first year is crucial in many ways.  How would I format an outline rough draft to begin putting ideas together for a book of this nature? note: I have no experience in book writing, but I have journal entries, etc.

I understand your need to chronicle your journey. I have anxiety disorder and have written about it in my personal journal. I have written about anxiety for an anthology and a magazine and understand how therapeutic writing can be.

As for putting together a rough draft for a book, I've never done this myself, but you could research in search engines under "how to write memoirs". Or search at for books on the subject. offers information on all kinds of writing. does too. You might want to search under "how to write about mental illness" or "how to write about addictions". Good luck!

Writing Books

Niki Taylor

What are good writing books? How can I write a writing book? Who publishes writing books?

I'm a writer/book reviewer from North Carolina. For almost three years, I have been freelance writing. My website is

Book on freelance writing at

Quiz writer for

Writes for

Contributor to Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders:
Success Stories, Strategies, and Other Good News. Hunter

Book review published in March 2002 Lambda Book Report.

Book Review published in August 2002 The Writer.

Article published in Pediatrics for Parents(Vol. 20, No. 1)

Book reviewer article published in January 2003 issue of AWP
Job List

Book Review Published in April 2003 Good Old Boat

Writing-related article published in May 24, 2003 Funds for
Writers Newsletter(Digest Number 210)

Book Review published in Dovetail
Article published in Openmind, November/December 2003
Article published in 12/17/03
Book review in FOOD WRITING A Bi-Weekly E-zine Vol. I, Issue 12 January 13, 2004
Teaches online class on book reviewing at

East Carolina University, Bachelor's of Arts in English with
a concentration in Writing, 1994
East Carolina University, Master's in Library Science, 1998
East Carolina University, Working on Master's of Arts in
English in Creative Writing Program, Jan. 1999-May 2000