Writing Books/Getting started

Question
I have an idea about a book. I have written a few poems but not much else. I see a need and want to fill it! I love to talk and write expressivley and would like to know how to start the process.  

Answer
Most publishers will want to see a prospectus before committing to handle your project.  The typical prospectus consists of two to three chapters, a chapter outline and a market analysis -- an estimate of anticipated sales.

Your first step logically would be to produce the equivalent of three chapters.  Then, I'd ask prospective publishers for copies of their prospectus guideliness and proceed as they specify.

Writing Books

E.W. Brody