Writing Books/Getting started

Question
I am trying to get started writing a small book about fitness concepts. Is there an outline that is generally followed?

Answer
Dear Jim,
Thank you for your question. There is no general outline. In fact, since there are already quite a few books in this category, you want to find a way to make your book unique. The best way to start is to do a literature review - get to know everything that's already out there about your subject. Once you know the competition, then you must think of a unique angle.
Most books come to an author in the form of a seed. You may visualize the fnished product in a split second, but then the challenge is to download that book from your thoughts onto paper. One of the best books on how to do that is called, Writing the Natural Way. You can find more information about the book at my page for writers:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
Two more books that are great for style are: The Elements of Style and On Writing Well. Most writers review The Elements of Style every year or every couple years, especially the last section on style.
I hope this helps. Write back if you want to discuss further.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster