Writing Books/starting

Question
Hi!
I'm almost 13 years old and I think want to write short kids books. Do you have any advice on how I can get a head start?
~*~Danielle  

Answer
Sorry for the late reply, been having trouble with my computer.

Danielle, just read read read and write write write. To be an author of any kind, no matter whether you are writing full length fictions, non fictions or even the short picture book, there is nothing better than to do what you can and read as much as you can.
Never allow other published works make you feel down. Don't ever compare yourself to them and try not to judge your work too harshly. The worst things writers have to deal with is self-doubt and it is a bummer.
You can read a lot of those manuals that teach you how to write, but basically every one of them will tell you the same thing. Read and Write is the secret.

I don't write for children but I did do a course on short story writing. Typically, short stories are just stories that have 1 main event, and never complex.

Good luck with writing...
Kristal

Writing Books

Kristal Maspara