Writing Books/starting stories

Question
Dear Dorothy Morris,
if you're working on the first chapter of a book that you're writing and think of a way to start it, what do you do if you're stuck?
Anna

Answer
Hello Anna,

Stop editing what you have written.  Stop allowing people to read it. Stop censoring your creative brain.  Stop trying to make it pretty.  Only write, write and write, without any concern for appearance, editing, correct grammar, or any thing else that comes from your right brain.  Stay in your left brain until you have a complete book, until The End.  Allow your characters to come as they are need and let them show you who they are. Let them help you write the story. After you have finished this very rough draft, then go back for all the editing work, which will come from a different part of your brain.  When you constantly go back and forth from one part to the other, your creative brain gets annoyed and shuts down, ergo, writers block!

Try this and see if it works for you as it does for me.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris