Writing Books/story line

Question
Do you prepare a detailed outline indicating the direction you want the story to go, prior to the actual writing?

Wonder if we are related?  My mother's maiden name was Morris.

Answer
Hello G. R.,

No, I never make an outline. My story unfolds in my mind like scenes in a movie while I write. I wouldn't know how to begin an outline for that.  I often have no idea where the story line will go or what will happen next, and am quite surprised sometimes.  It is more fun that way.

I come from the South Carolina Morris family and I think there are three of those.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris