Writing Books/typeface

Hello, Mr. Roth

Say there is a story within a story. For example, a character writes many pages or writes a story or something in my book.
Should what the character has written be put in a different type style than the rest of the book?
How is this handled? Or could it be in the same type as the rest of the book?

Right now, I have 60,000 words.

Thanks again for your expert assistance.

Hello Demetrius!

Good to hear from you.  About type styles:

The accepted type for professional manuscript submissions to an agent or publisher is Courier New #12.

Within that format, if you wish to set a section off or aside, you will not change the type - you will change the margins for that section.  For example you might wish to indent your left margin an extra few pica points.  

Also, sections within a chapter can be set off by skipping two double-spaced lines.  The method for this is to skip one double-spaced line.  Next, insert three *** centered.  Next, skip another double-spaced line.  The centered *** are a signal to the editor and the printer that the extra line spaces were done on purpose.

My best!
Youngbear Roth, Executive Editor
Success Literary Services

Writing Books

M.L. 'Max' Roth, Executive Editor

My specialist area is literary and philosophical fiction. I am pleased to answer all queries regarding story, plot, character arc and development, environment, structure, theme, subtext, and conflict.

Past/Present clients
Numerous client references may be found at: http://www.successliterary.com under 'References'. Their contact information is available on request.