Writing Books/whats the first step to writing a novel

Question
I am really interested in writing a book. I have a story to tell, but I don't know what my first step should be.  Can you give me tips on how to get started?

Answer
Hello Kamiko,

Your first thought is that you have a story to tell and then to tell it. The first step is the first sentence. The other sentences will follow. The characters will show themselves when they are needed and they will help you write the story. Don't stop to edit page by page or chapter by chapter. Don't censor, don't edit, don't correct, don't allow anyone to read what you have written. Do a complete, rough draft of the entire story. Then go back to do your rewrites.  If you get that far, let me know and I'll guide you through the rewrites.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris