Writing Books/How many words on a page

Question
How many words are on a page of a novel's text? How many chapters make a good novel?  How do you blend different writers' style, to make one voice, when there are more than one person writing the novel?

Answer
Generally, a novel has approximately 250 words per page. Chapters can be as short as 20, and as long as 40-50. It all depends on the writer/author and the novel. Some are less, and some are more. The editor works directly with the printer to set up the format and pages. Some have different preferences. It's not up to the writer on how many words per page. The writer does however, set the chapters.

Different writers for one novel is collaboration authors. Most writers write their portion and sections, and one appointed writer actually rewrite and edits into one voice. Of course, that author voice has to be agreeable to all collaborating writers. I hope that helps. Feel free to elaborate more if necessary.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett