Writing Books/how to write a book

Question
two things I have always been interested in writing a book on my life story.  due to the unbelievable events in my life child abuse, etc etc etc.  

secondly  would like to write a book on my condition as there is no book in this country on it and the haemophillia society is campaigning to raise awareness as it is costing people there lifes in childbirth.  could you please tell me what to do is it worth it will it sell.  anything i need to know. As i havent a clue but most people have been telling me for years to do either.  and I would really love to do it. especially raising awareness to help others

Answer
Hello Veronica:

So you want to write a book about your life and your disorder. That's wonderful, and I am flattered you asked me for help.

Unfortunately, to answer your questions properly would take a whole shelf of books. I have no idea whether such a book(s) would sell, it depends on factors which are out of my control, and yours, as well. Like all beginning authors, you will be writing "on spec," which means putting aside such questions as "is it worth it?" (If it's worth it to you, it's worth it), and "Will it sell?" and concentrating on writing the best you are capable of.

Here's a hint, though: A good writer makes sure her writing contains no spelling/usage mistakes. The best writers are proud of the writing they send out, and the skills they learned to support it.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1,000 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

__________________________________________________________

THE PYGMY PRESS offers writing services, including critiques, editing, MS doctor, and mentoring.

If you need help with that book or story you've been dying to write, or are trying to write, contact us at pygmy@pygmypress.com, or visit our site at http://pygmypress.com. (You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks).

A published author will guide you through the process via e-mail "Lessons" - one or two e-mail pages, tailored to your particular needs. No fluff, just good, solid instruction - the kind of help you need.

Mentoring can save you a lot of time and energy, not to mention writer's block. It helps you stay motivated, and keeps you on the right path, start to finish. As one client said, "Trying to write a book without a guide is like wandering lost and alone through the Amazon rain forest."

Serious writers only, please.

Lessons: $2.00 each.  

Writing Books

Susan Rand