Writing Books/writer's habits

Hello Susan,

I am interested in writer's habits. Where they write. When they write. How many hours a day they write. What would be some good websites that could help me with this research. Many thanks. Angela

Hello Angela:

Here are a couple of writing forums and sites that might help you. The people on the forums are knowledgeable and competent; they have surely helped me. You will have to join, but it takes very little time: (You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks).

Absolute Write Water Cooler Forum

I typed "writers' habits" into google and got over a million hits, so the information is there.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1,000 questions.

And good luck with your study!

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication