Writing Books/writing

Question
If a person writes a book using a "pen name" will the author always remain anonymous? Also, how can the author have the rough copy edited or get opinions of other people before it is copywrited without the risk that someone else will copy it and have it copywrited and published beforehand? Thanks

Answer
Hello Al:

The question you have asked serves to point up the problem with a pseudonym - there is no guarantee that you will always remain anonymous. Unless your book proves to be a smash success and people are rabid to find out who wrote it, you will probably not have to worry. You will have to set things up with your bank (you have to get the money somehow)- I have never done this so I don't know how it works these days. A call to your bank might prove informative.

The minute you render your work into tangible form - which includes your text on the computer or a printed manuscript, it is copyrighted automatically. And don't worry that someone will steal your work - that is extremely rare. If you print your MS out, put your name on every page.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 800 questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand