Writing Books/writing

Question
I am very excited about writing a book at the age of eleven but I read a lot and am afraid I might write about something that has already been created. Do you have any ways to help?

Answer
Hello Ernie,

Practically every subject has been covered already, so your task would be to pick a subject about which you are especially knowledgable and write your own ideas about it.  You might begin with short stories to hone your skill.  Pay strict attention to English grammar and learn the rules. Learn how to write a correct sentence and paragraph.  Learn how to keep the reader interested.  As you grow up study psychology so you will understand your characters. That way they will be believable.  

If you want to write about ages past, study the history of that period and the 1000 years that led up to it.  We always can trace what is happening now to that which occurred hundreds of years ago.  Peoples' memories are long.  

Writing is a difficult field so you will have to study hard and write much.

Good luck,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris