Writing Books/writing

Do you think it is out of the question for me to write a self help book - similar to Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer - if I'm not well known, and only have an average kind of job and have people buy it? I have read countless self help books and found them very helpful to the point that without a college diploma and feeling very lost, I learned to use principles in these books - which actually belong to no one author - to completely turn myself around. What would be the best way to advertise? What is e-publishing? Throughout middle school, high school and a couple years of college every teacher told me I'm a gifted writer.

Al, it is not out of the question to write a self-help book, especially from an "average" person that has read a lot of them and learned and improved by them. That qualifies you as the average person that everyone can relate to and see that if you can, they can.

E-publishing is publishing your book Online-- not in print. People use a credit card to pay for it, and download it in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The price is usually very cheap, so the profit is slim.

An author web site is the major way to advertise your book. That and e-mail signatures and link to your web site. Be sure to submit it to search engines after sprucing up the meta tags for better exposure.

The best advertising marketing you have is being the everyday person as the author, because there are too many by "experts" that people can not identify with.

Write it, edit it, perfect it, and search the right publisher and/or literary agent for the self-help book.

I hope that helped answer your questions, and if you need further information, don't hesitate to ask.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.