Writing Books/writing a book

I am putting my testimony or life story into book form and I would like to know how many words would be normal for this type of boo, from the minimum to the maximum. I can probably write on and on but I am a christian and I dont want to over glorify my wayward past life to much.

Dear Friend,
Thanks for your question. When you start off writing about your life, write as many pages as you want. Get a pen and notebook or open a file on the computer, whichever is more comfortable for you. An average book is 150 to 300 pages, but do not constrict yourself to any particular length. Writing about your own life is great therapy, so let it all pour out onto paper. You can always cut it down later. If you write a few hours a week, you can probably finish in six months.
There are two phases to writing your story. The first is to write everything out as you remember it and that is called a memoir. Having a memoir is good for future generations of your family because they will have a chronicle of your life and it will tell them a lot about themselves, since they're your genetic descendents.
If you want to share your story with a larger audience, then you need to take it to the next level, and that means making it more like a novel. This can be tricky and time consuming. You will need a plot, characters, scenes, dialogue, etc. It may also be difficult to sell. At my page for writers I have posted the Fiction Writer's Workshop:
How ever you decide to do it, you need to start with writing your memories.
I hpoe this helps. Feel free to write back if you want to discuss further.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster

Writing and publishing books, including e-books.

I have been writing for publication since 1981, including years as a staff writer, associate editor, editorial writer, and freelance reporter. At this time, I have eight Kindle books for sale at

Lakes of Tempe Authors, Tempe, Arizona

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World
Cult Recovery Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life
Child of the Cult
Learning to Flow with the Tao: The 64 Hexagrams of the I Ching
Positive Quotations: Wisdom from the Master Mind
Collected Writings: Five Books by Nori Muster
Noriland Art Gallery: Secrets from the Vault
Spiritual Summer and Other Short Stories

UCLA Extension Writer's Program, 1988 - 1994
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Western Oregon University, 1991

USA Today, Los Angeles Times, BBC World Services Focus on Faith, BBC Sunday Programme,, Glamour Magazine, Portland Mercury News, W-Five TV (Toronto), Publisher's Weekly, Boston Phoenix, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News - 20/20, ABC radio, Associated Press, The Age (Melbourne),, The New York Times, Religious News Service, Dallas Morning News, Columbia Journalism School, Whole Life Times (Los Angeles), Toronto Sun, the John Dayle Show (KFYI AM, Phoenix), the Eliot Stein Show (syndicated radio and Internet broadcast), Discovery with Josh Wagner (KKUP, 91.5 FM, Santa Clara, California), KOGO (News Radio 600, San Diego), Jupiterís Girl syndicated radio show, Lakes Log.

Book Reviews:
Publisherís Weekly, Feminist Bookstore News, Yoga Journal, New York Post, Choice Magazine, Boston Herald, Nexus (Colorado), Gentle Strength Times, Coastlines (UCSB alumni), Theology Digest, Nova Religio, Rapport, India West,,

Book Signings:
Prescott College reunion; Gentle Strength Co-op, Tempe; Different Drummer Bookshop, Laguna Beach; L.A. Times Toastmasters; Biltmore Plaza Border's Books, Phoenix; Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles; Health & Life Enrichment Expo, Pasadena; Sacramento Reads book festival, and others.

ISKCON World Review, Van Dhal Publications, Gentle Strength Times, Arizona Woman, Lakes Log, ICSA Today, Cultic Studies Review, University of Illinois Press, Kindle,,, Apple Books, and others.