Writing Books/writing books

I want to write a book.What do I do, after I have drafted the book on paper?Also what do I do before I sell this book?,how do I publish it?,who have to publish it for me?.In fact, this is my first time I want to write a book.Please, help me.

You should look for publishers for your book. A book called Writer's Market lists publishers. That can be found in a bookstore or library. Websites list publishers. Two are and

Publishers often specialize in certain areas such as historical fiction. You should find out if it accepts fiction or nonfiction. If it's nonfiction, a book proposal may be sufficient. Type "how to write a book proposal" into a search engine to find out how to to do that. If your book is fiction, you need to submit the whole manuscscript.

Some publishers will not see anything without an agent. You can find agents on the above websites too. An agent is someone who tries to sell your book to a publisher and charges a fee after a sale. Agents do not get paid until the book is sold. Hope this helps.

Writing Books

Niki Taylor

What are good writing books? How can I write a writing book? Who publishes writing books?

I'm a writer/book reviewer from North Carolina. For almost three years, I have been freelance writing. My website is

Book on freelance writing at

Quiz writer for

Writes for

Contributor to Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders:
Success Stories, Strategies, and Other Good News. Hunter

Book review published in March 2002 Lambda Book Report.

Book Review published in August 2002 The Writer.

Article published in Pediatrics for Parents(Vol. 20, No. 1)

Book reviewer article published in January 2003 issue of AWP
Job List

Book Review Published in April 2003 Good Old Boat

Writing-related article published in May 24, 2003 Funds for
Writers Newsletter(Digest Number 210)

Book Review published in Dovetail
Article published in Openmind, November/December 2003
Article published in 12/17/03
Book review in FOOD WRITING A Bi-Weekly E-zine Vol. I, Issue 12 January 13, 2004
Teaches online class on book reviewing at

East Carolina University, Bachelor's of Arts in English with
a concentration in Writing, 1994
East Carolina University, Master's in Library Science, 1998
East Carolina University, Working on Master's of Arts in
English in Creative Writing Program, Jan. 1999-May 2000