Writing Books/writing my life

I am writing a book about my life. But i can't seem to end it. I just keep going and going. I am at the point where I have everything I wanted since I was little. So should I just end it there?  
   Thank You,

When writing an autobiography, it's not a bad idea to think of it as you would a fictional story.  In a fictional story, the story ends after a big event that typically involves some sort of character change... some sort of growth that profoundly affects his/her life.

With an autobiography, remember that you want the ending to really stay with the reader.  This can be accomplished in several different ways, and of course, the ending can be happy, unhappy, a little of both... it can be philosophical, funny, etc.  It all depends on what you're "going for" with the whole thing.

If you are able to "keep going and going" with the thing, and if what you're continuing to add is something people will want to read, then there's no reason to stop just for the sake of stopping.  Later on, you can always delete things.  And it's much easier to remove things than to add them later.

Congratulations, by the way, on getting to a point where you've gotten everything you've wanted since childhood!

Hope this has helped.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.