Writing Books/writing my life story

Question
QUESTION: i wanted to write my own life story but dont know where to start can you give me some ideas how to get started
ANSWER: Dear Vikki,

Well, that's a very broad question!

In general, most people who write their autobiographies begin with the basics: date and place of birth; early years; parental influence, including parental background, if known; school; friends; etc.

If you are just starting out, it's usually best to stick with a chronological setup; just try to remember as many details as possible, and also try to find and emphasize your own "signature" -- that "certain something" that sets you apart from everyone else.

To be of interest to potential readers, you have to capture their attention by showcasing your originality, uniqueness, or special skills, talents, or life events. We're all basically the same, but if one looks just beneath the surface, we are delightfully different.

Just start from the beginning, and you're off!

Good luck, and thank you for writing.

All Best,
Catherine Van Herrin

QUESTION: would it be better to write it on  paper first then put it on my pc

Answer
Dear Vikki:

Some people like to use a computer, and others like to write in longhand. It's a very personal choice. Everyone is different. Just do whatever feels most natural and comfortable for you. There are really no "rules." It's YOUR book; you can do it any way you like!

All Best,
Catherine Van Herrin

Writing Books

Catherine Van Herrin