Writing Books/writing names

Question
hi

i was just wondering is there any point in using a fake name for your writing if your trying to stay out of the public eye or is it inevitable that if you make it in any way successful that your identity will be uncovered. for myself i want to write regardless of whether or not i ever become famous but if that were to happen, i am not sure i would want or be ready to face the public eye in that way

Answer
Dear Nai,

The best way to deal with this is just to write under a pseudonym now, in the event that anything gets published later -- in other words, you never know whether something you write for a company or for a publisher now might or might not be published in the far future, so to remain anonymous, it's probably wise to start out with a pseudonym.

Good luck, and thanks for writing.

All Best,
Catherine Van Herrin

Writing Books

Catherine Van Herrin