Writing Books/writing story

Question
Hey! . I really have a vision of what story I want to write. Well, it's based from my real-life experience, and I'm really confident writing about it. THe only problem is I specialize in poetry and I've never written a fiction story beforeI don't know how to start. I don't know how to develop characters, and organize my thoughts into the paper. Please give me some writing advice, and how to start this up. How could I create a more lively setting and organize my plot?

Answer
Fiction is not my genre.  However, a number of books have been written on the topic.  They're listed on amazon.com, where you can look at tables of contents, etc.  I'd suggest visiting there, identifying those that might be helpful, and then acquiring one or more from a bookstore or library.

Writing Books

E.W. Brody