Writing Business Plans/Business Plan Fees

Question
Hi John: I am marketing/writing consultant and have recently been asked to write a business plan for a home staging business. I used to be a home stager as well so I am very familiar with this line of work and what it entails. I am trying to put together a proposal and I am wondering if you could provide me some information about typically how many hours they take to complete and what types of fees are being charged for this service today.  
Thank you.

Answer
Robin: I have been writing business plans since 1994.  A majority of my business plan fees are in the range of $2,000.00 - $3,000.00.  That reflects generally about an hourly fee of $40.00+ per hour.  As for how long it takes I would say they range, hour wise, in the 25 - 35 + hour range.  I do NOT have a standard "one fee fits all" approach.  I am very good at estimating my time needed to do the plan.
      You may contact me at johntroland@msn.com if you wish to further discuss this matter.

Writing Business Plans

John A. Troland