Writing Business Plans/Movie Theatre Business

I want to start my own movie theatre business in Delhi (Capital of India). What things should I do? Where do I start?

I think the first thing you should do is lots of research to ensure:

1) That people actually want a new movie theatre.
2) A suitable venue that people can find, get to and is suitable for the type and number of people you expect.
3) Find a suitable name with matching domain name.
4) Look at places that you can market and advertise your business.
5) Discover the appropriate price points for your business.
6) Decide what kind of movies and support services (pop corn, tee shirts etc.) you can provide.
7) Estimate your turnover, expenses and profits.
8) Decide what staff you need and what are available as well as where to find them.

Put this all together and you are on your way to producing a business plan, a marketing plan and proof that your potential company is viable and profitable. Do all this before you spend anything out on your business.

I wish you luck.

Writing Business Plans

Lee Lister

If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I own and manage a succesful business planning web site and have written many succesful business plans for companies all over the world. I answer questions on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups and business improvement. I do not answer any legal, tax or accountancy questions - you should see your own professional adviser about these. If you cannot be bothered to read and rate my answers - I can't be bothered to answer yours!! If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

Over 20 year’s management, IT and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur. Business Planning business via and

A prolific writer and published author, I write on entrepreneurship, project management, bid management and career improvement.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.