Writing Plays/Screenwriting/agents

Question
How do I find reputable agents who will take on first time screen writers? Is it customary to send a screenplay to more than one agent at the same time?
If I wanted to bypass an agent, are there studios who deal directly with first time screen writers? If so, how do I get a list of such studios?

Answer
Mike,

You find reputable agents by writing up a query letter and sending it
to agents you can find in "The Hollywood Creative Directory".  Do not
ever send anyone a script unless they request it.  By doing so, they are
put in jeopardy of being accused of stealing your story idea and
you place yourself in jeopardy of having your story/screenplay
stolen.  Before you send out any information to anyone regarding
your screenplay, go to the Library of Congress website and
fill out the forms to copyright your screenplay.

You can find studios and their contact information in "The Hollywood
Creative Directory" and "4ll".

I hope this has been of help to you.

Best Regards,

Donald L. Vasicek

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Donald L. Vasicek