Writing Plays/Screenwriting/Scene headings

I have a great Bproblem in scene heading. First when do we use CUT TO and DISSOLVE TO? Second,when do we use a full scene heading(like-INT.HOSPITAL ROOM-DAY) and  when we don't(simply write HOSPITAL ROOM) ? Third when i have to change the scene back and forth,not on the phone, what should i use? I have further questions on this topic but 3 are enough now. Please tell with the examples and sorry for my grammer.

Only use CUT TO and DISSOLVE TO in shooting scripts.  Shooting scripts are scripts that are turned into shooting scripts from spec scripts by the director and the screenwriter.  The screenwriter's job is to write the screenplay.  The director's job is to direct the movie, and this directing includes camera directions like CUT TO and DISSOLVE TO.  If a screenwriter utilizes camera directions in their screenplay, they are exhibiting their inexperience and amateurism as screenwriters.  

If this slug line applies to the same scene, the same location and at the same time,
then this can be used after the slug line:

I do not understand your question about "not on the phone".  You'll have to explain it,
or, purchase:  "The Complete Guide to Standard Script Formats:  Part I:  The Screenplay"
by Cole/Haag.  It is the film industry standard book.  This book will answer all of your
formatting questions and more.

I hope this is of help to you.

Best Regards,

Donald L. Vasicek
Olympus Films+, LLC
The Zen of Writing

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Donald L. Vasicek

Utilizing The Zen of Writing, a writing concept I developed over 40 years of professional writing and filmmaking, I can take you from the inception of your idea to the market. This translates to if you have an idea for a movie or a book, I can guide you through the jungle of writing these tomes all the way to getting it to producers, agents, editors, and/or publishers.

Writer/Consultant for MGM's "Warriors of Virtue"
Writer/Associate Producer for American Film Corporations' "The Lost Heart", "Born To Kill"
Writer/Director/Producer for Olympus Films+'s "Faces" and "Oh, The Places You Can Go..."
Writer/Director/Producer for Olympus Films+'s "The Sand Creek Massacre" Screenwriter for Incline Productions, Inc.'s "The Crown"
Author of "The Write Focus" and "How To Write, Sell, And Get Your Screenplays Produced"

Screenwriters Utopia Simeon Halligan Oscar Technologies Writers Bloc Writing Movies Deeply Shallow EOTU British Screenwriting Institute Word Archive Fitness/Health How To Write A Screenplay Screenplace Furious Pen Self Help Guides Absolute Write Square One Publishers Hollywood Lit. Sales Screenwriters Forum Inkwell Newswatch Digital Cinema Report The Inkspotter KOLA ScriptzMotion Screenplayers.net Screenlabs eNews Events Quarterly The Denver Post Talent Online Management Eclectic Writer Writersblok Success Unlimited The Federated Church of Harvey Park Grit Fourth Estate Colorado Society of Poets Rocky Mountain Legal Assistants Association CALS COURIER National Poetry Press General Aviation News Aim Magazine National Society of Published Poets Wayside Press The Poet Adventures in Poetry Great Contemporary Poems An International Poetry Anthology The U. S. Department of Justice Rocky Mountain Writers Guild, Inc. RIverstone Money Talks Newsletter Master of Life Writers Digest Nevada Screenwriters Group Newsletter Wisconsin Screenwriters Forum The Chesterfield Film Company’s Writer’s Film Project Hollywood Scriptwriter Sundance Institute Screenwriter’s Lab Pool The Journal Aurora Sentinel Westwood The Screenwriter Accent Aurora The Journal of the Writer’s Guild of America Highlander The Write FocusHow To Write, Sell, and Get Your Screenplay Produced Contact Mimir American Poetry Press Colorado Society of Poets Yearbook of Modern Poetry Adventures in Poetry Pegasus Lyrical Voices, An International Poetry AnthologyWestern Fraternal Life Association Newsletter BOOKS: “The Write Focus”“Self-Help Guide to Screenwriting” Writer Consultant “Police-Community Relations” “Me Jane…Not You!” “When We Don’t Remember: A Book About Incest” Ghostwriter “Urban WakeUP”

Graduate, University of Colorado, B. A. in sociology. Graduate, Hollywood Film Institute, Certified as a writer, director, line producer, producer

Filmmaking: Best Film Philip S. Miller Library’s The Bull Theatre Film Project Best Documentary Short American Indian Film Festival Colorado Filmmaker’s Showcase Best Documentary Short The Indie Gathering Film Festival Featured Film Native American Film Festival Excellence Award Videographer’s of America Metro State College of Denver Sand Creek Massacre Commemoration Rhode Island College Multicultural/Unity Center Permanent Placement Screening Finalist Hayden Film Festival Award Winner PYXIX Global Media Network Competition Movie of the Week Tywman Creative Semi-Finalist Moondance International Film Festival Best Native American Film, Golden Drover Award Trail Dust Film Festival Archived, Heard Museum, Phoenix and Archived, The Billie Jean Baguley Library Writing: “Writer’s Digest” Scripts Competition Finalist “The Caller” “Writer’s Digest” Scripts Competition Finalist “The Crown” Houston International Film Festival Finalist “The Crown” Finalist The Chesterfield Film School Competition “The Crown” Rocky Mountain Writer’s Guild Writing Award Finalist, The Sundance Institute, “The Crown”

MGM, American Pictures, Incline Productions, Inc. including over 250 writers, directors, producers, and production companies.