Writing Plays/Screenwriting/Similar scene

In my screenplay some scenes are similar to others movies not exactly same but similar. Is this ok or i should change those scenes or cut or not? HELP

I guess I would like to know if you mean similar in execution, similar in style or similar in purpose of the scene. The weird thing is, in most genres...let's say romantic comedy...there will be the boy meets girl scene, there will be their first fight etc...so that is to be expected. I hope you aren't just mash grabbing scenes from your favourite films and sloshing them together.

Every scene in a screenplay needs to have a purpose and drive the story forward. If not, it can be cut.  

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Anthony T. Carter

As a active screenwriter and dramatist (playwright/librettist), I have been writing and directing since I was in elementary school. My expertise is in dramtic writing as well as historical research. I have been given such responsibility (dramaturg) for many local theatre productions. bbc

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre Arts, minors in History and Psychology. As a writer, I have enjoy the experience of researching for information in regards to a script or just because.

Royal Autumn Entertainment (Owner and Lead Creative) Nazareth College Alumni Association Geva Theatre Center (Official Videographer) JCC CenterStage (Official Videographer/Media Technologist/Dramaturge) Method Machine (Playwright in Residence/Dramaturge)

B.A. Theatre Arts, Nazareth College of Rochester 2007

Nazareth College of Rochester Method Lab Nuts and Bolts Radworks Wilson Magnet High School JCC CenterStage Geva Theatre Center SE Video