Writing Plays/Screenwriting/Are one line direction scripts wrong?

Question
I've noticed some of my screenplays are exclusively made of one line directions. There is one action line, then white space, then another action line and so on...Is this formatting ok to use, or should I change this, even if this means losing many pages in the process? Thank you for taking the time to read and help me with this!

Answer
Victor,

Yes, one line action is okay as long as the action is the staccato style of motion you are trying to get out of the scene.

Normally, action is grouped by purpose.  That is, you are trying to get the actor to do a series of steps or trying to have the camera focus stay on a particular object or person.

If you use one line action, you are rapidly shifting attention within the scene from actor to thing, actor to actor, of thing to thing for a dramatic purpose.

Otherwise, the use of the one line action can be confusing or even trite.

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

John M. Lovett