Writing Plays/Screenwriting/Favorite novel.

Question
Dear Anthony

It is difficult to answer but still do you feel Romeo and Juliet is the best novel by Shakespeare among all his plays?.

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

Answer
Honestly, it depends on what genre of Shakespeare's plays you like. And just for future reference, we don't call his writing novels. They are dramatic literature, stage plays...that's not to sound condescending or anything like that.

As for my personal opinion, I don't care for Romeo and Juliet, mostly because of the writing. But, like Hamlet (a tragedy), it is one of Shakespeare's well known works. And one of the most adapted and discussed in secondary/high school education circles.

If I had to pick a best, I'd need to think about it. Because there are many factors that go into that decision. Writing and plot...structure...characters.  

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Anthony T. Carter