Writing Plays/Screenwriting/bundling film screenplay

Question
Have a studio interested in my spec film script-want to make sure the bundling is proper. Is what I have correct?
Front and Back Covers: 90 lb. white paper.
Front Cover: Center of page I write my screenplay title skip two lines and "Written by" another skip two lines and place my name.
Title Page: Same as front cover but add in lower right corner my street address, beneath that, my phone number followed by email address.
On Title Page do I place (c) copyright year or my WGA Registration Number? What are guidelines regarding copyright info and WGA number being mentioned on Title Page?
I have 3 hole punched paper, fastened with Acco 1 1/4 inch brass fasteners, leaving the middle hole empty. Do I need to apply washers to the fasteners?
I've been told by the studio my script can be sent via email or through the postal system. Do you think readers prefer holding scripts in their hands (a carry over from the old days) or should I go the electronic route?
Also want to know if I need to make a last minute change regarding "beat." I've used "after a pause." Are they interchangeable? I've read Khouri's screenplay "Thelma and Louise" and she uses "after a pause," not "beat."
Thanks very much!

Answer
Hi Ken,

I see that you're dotting your "i"'s and crossing your "t"'s. A good idea.

If the studio says you can submit electronically, my opinion is to do it. There are at least three benefits:
1. E-mail is instantaneous, and you'll know for certain whether or not screenplay arrived.
2. You'll save yourself time and money.
3. You'll unburden the recipient from having to deal with a physical object--regarded my many companies as being an antiquated nuisance.

Please see my other notes below.

I'll answer that item by item.

OK.

OK

Skip the "title page", put this information on the cover in the lower left corner. (No one wants to go digging for your information.)

Do not, do NOT, put a copyright notice on. Amateurs do that. Recipients often take it as an insult, suggesting that you think they may steal your intellectual property. WGA number is OK.
    If you ever are obliged to submit printed scripts, apply washers to the back side, not the front. The rest is OK.

Most readers will likely not read your script on line, but some may want to hang out on Venice beach with their Kindle Fire and get a suntan while reading. Those who want to feel paper can print a copy at the office or a copy shop. Convenience and option are what you want to achieve when submitting.

As good as it was, "Thelma and Louise" is ancient. Use "a beat." It's the typical script expression. Some readers may feel that the phrase "after a pause" is a little prissy.

Thanks very much!
You're welcome, and all the best of success with your screenplay. Please let me know how the studio responds.

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Barry Pearson