Writing Plays/Screenwriting/TV

Question
Hi Barry
This is another Barry Canucklehead!
I am a big fan of paranormal TV shows. Maybe that's because I had a few paranormal experiances myself! In fact, some of mine are much more interesting (scary) than what I have seen. I realise that a lot of these 'real life' encounters, such as on shows like 'A Haunting' are screen written, and p[ossibly 'enhanced'. I have at least three that need no enhancement! How do I go about contacting the producers /writers, of these shows, to see if they are interested in my experiances?

Answer
Barry on the set with Peter O\'Toole
Barry on the set with  
Hi Barry,
This is indeed an unusual question. I should say right off the top, if you're looking to be paid, that could be difficult, but if you are out there for a credit on the show, you have a better chance to see your name on an episode.

So, here's how you proceed.
Watch the credits at the end and write down the name(s) of the production company, and the producer.

Go to http://www.imdb.com/ and search names and production companies.

If you can't find an address, send me the name at barry@barrypearson.com and I'll search it on imdbPro.

After you locate addresses, write up a short bio about yourself, write the most compelling description you can about each of your experiences, and then ask whether they would be interested in using your experiences as the basis for an episode.

All the best,
Barry

Check out my recent collection of short stories on Amazon at
http://tinyurl.com/TwentyBushelRacer  

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Barry Pearson