Writing Plays/Screenwriting/The character's pov

Question
I'm going to write about two boys and their families, the problem for me is that on whose point of view the story should I tell. Or who is the main character?

Answer
VPS,

It is your decision on who the main character is.  Prior to writing the story, I would suggest that you think about what story you want to tell.

Why do not you try this as an exercise to help:  Write scenes from both boys' standpoints then write the same scene from the Moms' (if there are Moms) standpoints or pick another character and write the same scene from their standpoint.  See which character has the most insight about the boys and their actions.

The exercise may provide you with new viewpoints about your story.

There is also the approach to flip-flop the boys' standpoints throughout the story.  Tom Tyron used that approach in his horror story The Other.  However, to accomplish that each boy would have to have distinct enough features so that the reader/viewer would know the difference.

Another approach is to write out the characters' characteristics (there is software available for this) and look at how you wrote each character's behavior and appearance.

Good luck with your story.

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

John M. Lovett