Writing Plays/Screenwriting/script writing

Question
I read here your supposed to us V.O. when writing dialogue of a character that is strictly in thought. Its an interest point of a certain character in my film but where does the V.O. go? provide an example if possible!

Answer
Often times Voice Over is used to give a character an internal monologue or dialogue. Generally other characters cannot hear this dialogue as well. Other times it is used to introduce us to the story. Now where Voice Over goes, I am going to go with you want to know how to format it correctly in a screenplay. So I will show you an example, from the screenplay of the film American Beauty.

LESTER (V.O.)
My name is Lester Burnham. This is
my neighborhood. This is my street.
This... is my life. I'm forty-two
years old. In less than a year,
I'll be dead.

Also check this link out:
http://thescriptlab.com/features/script-tips-applied/1040-when-voice-over-works

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Anthony T. Carter