Writing Plays/Screenwriting/Where can I get technical advice for the medical dialogue/procedures side of my script? Thanks.

Sorry to bother you.
I have just finished my 1st tv drama script(big, exciting deal in my little world), and I need some technical advice for the medical dialogue and procedures in two fairly short scenes.
(I have just put gibberish in the 1st draft, and need help turning it into real medical terminology.)

I know shows like House, etc. have professional technical advisers on set and stuff, but is there anywhere you can recommend that a budding script writer like me can go to get some professional technical advice?  

I could not seem to find an appropriate category in the medical section on this site.  

(Again, I’m  sorry to bother you with this, I have tried looking for some kind of a medical/media relations online but have been unsuccessful as I am not terrific with the internet. Plus I don’t have internet at home, which greatly restricts my researching capabilities. Much to my frustration!)  

I hope this is in your area of expertise.

Thank you for all and any help.

Hi Jane,
First of all, the nature of the medical procedures will govern what type of specialist you will need. Narrow it down to the specialist.

I think internet is important in this regard. What about internet cafes? Or Wi fi zones.

In the U.S. or Canada we have free websites called Kijiji and Craig's List, where I would recommend you post a request.

Not sure what such websites there are in your area.

An option would be to search the web in general putting up questions you need answered. I've been very successful doing that when I get stuck writing the historical novel (1811) I'm working on. I think your predicament would be easier to solve.\

If that fails, go to a hospital or walk in clinic and ask them if you can post a request on their billboard.

Hope this helps.

All the best of success with your manuscript.

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Barry Pearson

I`m a credited writer on nine feature films. My latest movie, IRON ROAD, which stars Peter O'Toole and Sam Neill, opened as feature, then aired as a four-hour miniseries on network television. Sun Li, the Chinese star, won the best actress award at the Roma Fiction Fest recently. I’ve produced more than 300 episodes of television drama, including 13 episodes of Deepwater Black, and 106 episodes of Katts & Dog (Rin-Tin-Tin, K-9 Cop in the U.S.). I've answered over 1200 All Experts questions!

I've been in the business of writing and producing feature films, television series, and MOW's for over 20 years. You can check me out at this URL

You can find my books on Amazon. See DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR STORY ( is a stripped-down readable summary of copyright, full of entertaining anecdotes and real-life examples. Read about the true horror stories that clearly show you what you need to do to avoid the misfortune of having your literary material stolen. Find out: * How to take simple inexpensive steps to protect yourself, before, during, and after you write your literary work. * How copyright law applies to writers of literary works. * How literary works enter public domain, and how you can use it to your advantage. * What aspects of literary works are protected by copyright, and what aspects are not protected. * How to create documentation that will prove your copyright entitlement in the event of an infringement on your rights. * How you can protect yourself if you are contracted to write for television. You’ll also get a FREE sample of an Option and Purchase Agreement, a contract used in the acquisition of rights in a literary property—a contract that you and your lawyer can customize for your property. Written by a writer, for writers, Don’t Let Anyone Steal Your Story will help you protect yourself against plagiarists and anyone else who might infringe your right of sole ownership. ------------- Also on Amazon, my book of four short stories, THE TWENTY-BUSHEL RACER. A man’s redemption from bitterness enables him to become a loving father. A teenager discovers the importance of his attachment to the people in his life and the place where he is growing up. A man, who has for years considered himself a coward and a betrayer of his comrades, musters the courage to stand up against a pair of would-be assassins. Two young men, who grew up in the same town, meet unexpectedly, reminisce about a girl they both loved when they were boys, and unveil a truth that changes both their lives.

Master of Arts degree (Drama)

Among my awards are Best Screenplay, Best Picture, at the International Film & Television Festival of New York for THE LIFE AND TIMES OF EDWIN ALONZO BOYD, Best Screenplay, Feature Film, at the 12th International Film Festival in Sitges, Spain for PLAGUE, and a Special Jury Award, Feature Film at the San Francisco International Film Festival for PLAGUE.