Writing Plays/Screenwriting/selling novel to the movies

Hello Barry and thanks
If an ebook hasn't sold a ton of copies, or not enough, can it still be appealing to movie producers? If so, can you give me an example of how?
I am working on Create Space and Smashwords, but if i can't get into them then what? (Amazon alone wouldn't be enough?')

BTW I did see your Bloody Birthday which gets praise on You Tube, but must I  see Iron Road.

Hi D.
A published book, aside from how many copies it sold, has a certain gravitas over a raw script. If you want proof, google movies made from novels.

Believe it or not, a movie maker would rather read a novel than a screenplay, and you have a way better chance of a prospect (or one of his or her minions) reading your book. At the very least a prospect will be prone to read the first 5 to 10 pages, so you need to make those pages really compelling.

If you're on Amazon, you should be on Create Space, it's owned by Amazon. It's a similar process to the one you went through to publish on Amazon. You can use all your same materials, except you need to convert your Word Manuscript to a .pdf, and your cover must be 300 dpi, also simple.

But Create Space allows you to print copies of your book, which I did with THE TWENTY BUSHEL RACER, and they turned out very slick and professional. I've sold quite a number of the books, and I haven't even promoted them. In your case you can print your book and send it to anyone who is interested.

Smashwords is different. It's a distributor, and reaches many many markets. I don't see why you'd have a problem publishing there, read up on it.

Also I don't quite understand your apprehension that you won't be able to "get into them." OF COURSE YOU WILL! Just read the rules and the protocol, it's a no brainer, man.

Writing Plays/Screenwriting

Barry Pearson

I`m a credited writer on nine feature films. My latest movie, IRON ROAD, which stars Peter O'Toole and Sam Neill, opened as feature, then aired as a four-hour miniseries on network television. Sun Li, the Chinese star, won the best actress award at the Roma Fiction Fest recently. I’ve produced more than 300 episodes of television drama, including 13 episodes of Deepwater Black, and 106 episodes of Katts & Dog (Rin-Tin-Tin, K-9 Cop in the U.S.). I've answered over 1200 All Experts questions!

I've been in the business of writing and producing feature films, television series, and MOW's for over 20 years. You can check me out at this URL

You can find my books on Amazon. See DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR STORY ( is a stripped-down readable summary of copyright, full of entertaining anecdotes and real-life examples. Read about the true horror stories that clearly show you what you need to do to avoid the misfortune of having your literary material stolen. Find out: * How to take simple inexpensive steps to protect yourself, before, during, and after you write your literary work. * How copyright law applies to writers of literary works. * How literary works enter public domain, and how you can use it to your advantage. * What aspects of literary works are protected by copyright, and what aspects are not protected. * How to create documentation that will prove your copyright entitlement in the event of an infringement on your rights. * How you can protect yourself if you are contracted to write for television. You’ll also get a FREE sample of an Option and Purchase Agreement, a contract used in the acquisition of rights in a literary property—a contract that you and your lawyer can customize for your property. Written by a writer, for writers, Don’t Let Anyone Steal Your Story will help you protect yourself against plagiarists and anyone else who might infringe your right of sole ownership. ------------- Also on Amazon, my book of four short stories, THE TWENTY-BUSHEL RACER. A man’s redemption from bitterness enables him to become a loving father. A teenager discovers the importance of his attachment to the people in his life and the place where he is growing up. A man, who has for years considered himself a coward and a betrayer of his comrades, musters the courage to stand up against a pair of would-be assassins. Two young men, who grew up in the same town, meet unexpectedly, reminisce about a girl they both loved when they were boys, and unveil a truth that changes both their lives.

Master of Arts degree (Drama)

Among my awards are Best Screenplay, Best Picture, at the International Film & Television Festival of New York for THE LIFE AND TIMES OF EDWIN ALONZO BOYD, Best Screenplay, Feature Film, at the 12th International Film Festival in Sitges, Spain for PLAGUE, and a Special Jury Award, Feature Film at the San Francisco International Film Festival for PLAGUE.