Writing Short Stories/Writing Contests?

I am interested in entering some writing contests and was curious if you happened to know of any good websites where I could find some.

I have not been involved with writing contests for some time. I tend to believe they are more of a money maker for the person putting on the contest than anything else. But, you should be able to search through Google for "writing contests" and find plenty of them. I don't know who is reputable and how is not. Because of those that promise publication. And for most, you'll have to pay a fee. Avoid excessive fees. Anything over $10 - $25 is too much.

Writing Short Stories

Brian Lawrence

How to write short stories. How to be published. Writing as a craft. What is a story.

Published over 22 short stories and 2 novels. Previous acquisition editor of Mysterical-E and previous fiction editor of Futures Magazine

St. Louis Writers Guild, Mystery Writers of America

Futures Magazine, Blue Murder, Somliloquy, AlienQ, AIM, Love Kills anthology, Felonious Felines anthology

Master's Degree in Computer Science. Bachelors Degree in Chemistry & Psychology