Writing Short Stories/Writing Contests?

Question
Hello,
I am interested in entering some writing contests and was curious if you happened to know of any good websites where I could find some.

Answer
I have not been involved with writing contests for some time. I tend to believe they are more of a money maker for the person putting on the contest than anything else. But, you should be able to search through Google for "writing contests" and find plenty of them. I don't know who is reputable and how is not. Because of those that promise publication. And for most, you'll have to pay a fee. Avoid excessive fees. Anything over $10 - $25 is too much.

Writing Short Stories

Brian Lawrence