Writing Short Stories/1st vs 2nd person

Question
I generally understand what writing in the first person is.  (I talk from my perspective, etc.)  I'm trying to figure out if the following is in the 2nd person.

"Have a seat," my grandmother said as she wrapped her wrinkly arms around me.

Most of my story is in the first person, but when I shift to dialogues like above is that now 2nd person?  
Thanks

Answer
Hi there Patty,

Second person is when the writer uses the word "you" or variations of that.   
eg. "You take your time trying to figure out where she's going and then realize she's not going anywhere but towards you."

Your question is one of point of view and as long as you are staying within your own vision, from your view, there is no problem using "Have a seat," my grandmother said as she wrapped her wrinkly arms around me.   This perspective is still from the narrator's perspective.

Let's say, you, Patty are the narrator.  You are sharing a story from your own view and can report to us that your grandmother said "Have a seat," etc.    

In another example: "Have a seat," my grandmother said as she tried to hide her wrinkly arms from me.'   This is an example of jumping out of the narrator's first person view and switching into the grandmother's head.  Only granny would know what she was trying to hide her arms and therefore we are now in the grandmother's view which might make it a third person perspective.

As long as you are reporting to the reader and quoting the dialogue that took place at Granny's, without changing into her head, then the narrative remains in first person point of view.

First person writing example:

I knocked on the door of my grandmother's house and waited till she opened the door.  While I waited, I peered through one of the windows to see if she was at home but the curtains appeared drawn.  The door opened and there stood the short little lady I had known as a child.  
"It's been a long time," my grandmother said.  "Take a seat." She wrapped her wrinkly arms around me.   etc etc.  

best from Kaye Linden   www.kayelinden.com  

Writing Short Stories

Kaye Linden