Writing Short Stories/Science Fiction Story - "Immortal".

Question
Dear Samantha

Can this be a Good Science Fiction Story - "Immortal" or "Never to die" where in the story mentioned that Human Beings are "Never to die" i.e. Immortal due to advanced medicine achievement. As a example Human Beings living for a maximum Life span of 130 years is extended to 1000 years similar to specific Trees / Plants.

In this science fiction story are shown the Consequences, effects if this happens in reality where Human beings species are never to die as a example "Population explosion", environmental effects etc.

Do you also feel a Good documentary film or movie or play can also be constructed on these story base ?.

Similar to the above fiction story base, are there already English movies produced ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prashant S Akerkar,

Thank you for your question. I hope I can help.

In my opinion, any idea can be a good science fiction story, film, or play if it's well-written. That is the key. Anyone can come up with an idea, but it's the writing that makes it effective and real.

I don't know about English movies already made using the idea you outlined, but I did find a page that lists science fiction novels and stories that feature the idea of immortality:

https://sciencefictionruminations.wordpress.com/science-fiction-book-reviews-by-author/sci-fi-novelsshort-stories-about-immortality/

It may help you to read some of these novels before you write your own story.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. Good luck!

Samantha Prust  

Writing Short Stories

Samantha Prust