Wyoming/GT & Yellowstone

I'm planning a trip for myself and husband in mid-September and was wondering how much time we should spend in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.  We have 1-week and want to see and do as much as we can.  Also, anything special we should not miss in either location would be appreciated.
Thank you.

You are asking a hard question.  I just spent two weeks in Jackson, The Tetons and Yellowstone.  One thing that may influence your time is the weather.  Be aware that it will be chilly at night. There can be snow. If it is not too cold I would take a rafting trip down the Snake River.  I think hiking and viewing wildlife in the Tetons is wonderful. Go to Oxbow Bend for great reflection shots of the Tetons. Yellowstone has 5 distinct areas and each is a world unto itself.  Once you are away from Old Faithful, even just a bit, the crowds disappear.  You have to see the Grand Prismatic Spring in the Midway Geyser Basin area.  Here too you will see a lot of wildlife.Make sure to see Mammoth Hot Springs as that is a constantly changing natural feature.  
Hope this helps.  

Phillis Rogoff

the southern portion of Wyoming, near the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole.