XML/The making of Scareware

Question
Hi Ziv

Do you know how the software "scareware" is created? I do know it has something to do with programming.

I'm just curious and wanted to know for educational purposes only. Since I'm a Magician anything that's a secret interest me. There are no books written about the topic on Amazon. It's like a mystery that some how only a few people know about.

I've got some of my own Magic videos online at http://tagged.com/sterlbo if you want to see them.

Take Care

Sterling

Answer
Hi Sterling,
Note that "scareware" is not the name of a specific software, it is a name of a tactic or a goal to develop software. So there is no secret here. It is just like any scare tactics - you can convince someone his watch is gone and he must pay you to get it back.
I'm afraid I can't provide much more info than Wikipedia.

See ya',
Ziv

XML

Ziv Ben-Eliahu