Yoga & Tai Chi/Fighting Fatigue

Question
QUESTION: Sir,
 My age is 23. I suffer from nervous weakness for a very long time. My main symptom is extreme fatigue and my energy is always very low. I cannot even read a paper or a book for few minutes within that period I get exhausted. So can you tell me some yoga postures to combat fatigue and increase my energy level?

ANSWER: Hi Hansel,
You can try TRIBANDHA and the Pranayam like BHASTRIKA and ANULOME-VILOME. Pranayams are more important for you. Do these yogic techniques as per your capacity. Besides, I will advise you to take Ayurvedic medicines, such as Chandra Prbhavati, Ashwagandha, Shilajit and Chyawanprash with milk.

Report me after three weeks.
Wishing you all the best!
Regards
Shashank Shekhar
http://www.liveperson.com/expert/shashank-shekhar

QUESTION: Can you explain how to do these Pranayams?

ANSWER: Hi Hansel,

Bhastrika:
Sit in an erect position. Take a long deep breath and exhale fully. Repeat it for 20 times. Bhastrika pranayama involves slow but long and deep inhaling and exhaling.

Anulome-vilome:
Sit in an erect position, cross-legged. Sitting can be on a chair also. Close your right nostril with your right handís thumb and start inhaling with the left nostril. Inhaling will be slow, deep, and full but still gentle. Now shut this left nostril with the ring finger and simultaneously open the right nostril by removing the thumb from the nostril and start exhaling. Exhaling will be slow, and full. After full exhalation, start inhaling from this right nostril. Inhaling will be slow, deep, and full. After full inhalation, start releasing the left nostril by removing the ring finger from the nostril and simultaneously start closing the right nostril with the thumb. Exhalation will be slow and full. This is one cycle. Do such 10 cycles.

Note: As soon as you will start removing the finger from the nostril the exhalation will start. Each inhalation and exhalation will be slow, deep and full but gentle. Here gentle means there won't be any force behind breathing in and out. There shouldn't be any type of nasal sound during inhalation and exhalation.
In Bhastrika, however, the inhalation and exhalation won't be as gentle. There may be a bit force while breathing in and out.

Hope, it will help you.
Regards
Shashank Shekhar

QUESTION: How to do tribandha? Also how many times should I do Bhastrika, Anulome-vilome and Tribandha per day?

Answer
Hi Hansel,

Below is the first bandha of the tribandha. Practice it for three weeks. After that I will provide you the second bandha of the tribandha.

Jalandhar bandh:
Sit cross-legged i.e. also called padmasana or siddhasana. Sit erect. The knees should be in firm contact with the floor.
Place the palms of the hands on the knees. Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
Inhale slowly and deeply and retain the breath inside. Now bend the head forward and press the chin tightly against the chest.
Now straighten the arms and lock them firmly into position. Press the knees down with the hands.
At the same time, hunch the shoulders upward and forward.
Stay in this position for a few seconds to begin with. Do not strain. Remain in the position as long as you are able to comfortably retain the breath.
Relax the shoulders, bend the arms, and slowly release the lock. Now raise the head and then exhale.
Repeat when the respiration has returned to normal.
The practice may be repeated up to 5 times.
Note: The practice can be done with external breath retention.
Do all the yogic practices once in the morning every day empty stomach. You can do the practice once in the evening also. Eat or take shower only after 30 minutes of completion of the yogic practice.

Regards
Shashank Shekhar

Yoga & Tai Chi

Shashank Shekhar Pandey