Yoga & Tai Chi/Sunbathing after eating

QUESTION: Dear Dr. Pandey,

I often sunbathe in the early morning sun for about 10-20 minutes maximum, for the health benefits. Is it OK to do this sunbathing right after eating?
Thanks in advance for your help and have a great day!

ANSWER: Hi Aaron,
Early morning Sun bath..... right after eating..... Generally, it's absolutely OK..... but if one gets headache, giddiness, vertigo or any other uneasiness during or after such Sun bathing (i.e. Sun bath right after eating) then he/she should avoid it rather should take the Sun bath 10 - 15 minutes after eating. Check your BP on that time or just after Sun bathing. If BP does not dip low significantly then there is nothing to worry.
Hope, it will help you.

Wishing you all the best.
Shashank Shekhar

QUESTION: Thanks very much, Dr. Pandey, I really appreciate your answer! Is sunbathing right before eating generally OK as well?
Thanks again and have a great day!

Hi Aaron,
Yes, it is OK, if it is early morning Sun bathing, but if one is hungry during such Sunbathing then he / she should take his / her food either in the Sun itself or in the shed. In summer days it is better to take food in the shed.

Shashank Shekhar

Yoga & Tai Chi

Shashank Shekhar Pandey

I can answer questions related to Yoga, Meditation and help you in Health, Personal Development / Self Improvement, Spiritual Development etc. Ask an Expert - Visit my Virtual Office at LivePerson

I am an Alternative Medicine Consultant. Specialist in Yoga Teaching and Therapy, Reiki, Diet and Nutrition for the last 16 years. Ask a Expert - Visit my Virtual Office at Presto Experts

B.A. Diploma in yoga, Reiki Master, Pranik healing, Spiritual healing and diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.
Ask an Expert - Visit my Virtual Office at LivePerson