Yoga & Tai Chi/fast weight loss

Question
Dear Sir,
        i want to lose 20kgs in three months. i am dieting as well as exercising from last 1 month. is there any special exercise to lose weight FAST (yoga is also prefered)? as well as any special exercise to lose my weight from my face? any special tip??? please suggest......

Answer
Hello Kathrin,

Sorry, I must have done something wrong because All-Experts just let me know that you never got my answer. I'm sending it to you again now.

Joost
------------------

Hello Kathrin,

Thank you for your question. First of all it is important for you to know why you want to lose weight. Is it a wish from yourself or because of expectations from the people around you? If it's your own a wish, is it to look more beautiful or for health reasons? Real beauty comes from loving oneself, and once you do that, you may want to lose weight for the right reasons.

Exercising is a very good approach. Dieting may or may not help in the short run; many diets stop having effect when you stop the diet. The important thing is that you change what is called your fat point. Without changing that, your body will return to your previous weight as soon as it gets the chance and all your dieting has been for nothing.

Changing the fat point can be done very well with eating a lot of raw food. Raw vegetables or fruits. You can eat cooked food as well, but the more raw food, the better.

Important to know is that experts say big changes in weight are not as good as gradual, smaller weight loss. Eat a little less, exercise a little more, and that will give lasting results. And slowly you can change your eating and exercising habits more until you have lost the 20 kilos that are your goal.
NB: Eating a lot less may weaken you.

Especially helpful is to eat vegetarian food, unfried (as little oil and ghee as possible). Especially in hot climates, non-vegetarian food can be dangerous for health.

If you want to learn yoga exercises to support your weight loss, you have to learn them from a yoga teacher who can see if you are doing them right. Learning yoga from a book or video is bound to be bad for you; the things you don't do right cannot be corrected and the exercises may harm you instead of help you.

If you are interested in finding a good yoga teacher I can help you; just let me know. If you would like to know what a great yogi, Shrii Anandamurti, wrote about losing weight, ask me and I'll send it.

All the best,

Joost Boekhoven  

Yoga & Tai Chi

Joost Boekhoven