Yoga & Tai Chi/yoga exercise

Question
Namste sir. Im 17 year boy.my height is 5"6' plz tell me yoga exercise to increase height.how many seconds or minute hold yoga position to increase height ?

Answer
Sat Nam,

I teach Kundalini Yoga and did hatha yoga before i did Kundalini Yoga.  Yoga can help some things but it is not a cureall.  Height is mostly a function of genetics.  However, yoga can help you maximize your height by increasing your nerve and muscle strength and flexibility.  It is somewhat like using a knife.  A knife will always be the same length.  However, if you sharpen it and maintain it, it will serve you very well.  You cannot change the knife length (height).  I have to add that you may still continue to grow since some people continue to grow until their 20s.  

I would suggest "life nerve stretches" (sitting and standing forward bends, backward bends like cobra, bow and wheel and twists like sitting half spinal twist
http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Strike-Yoga-Pose-Seated-Spinal-Twist-2839671
These will affect all the systems of the body.

Please let me know how this works for you.  The main thing to do is to do these on a regular basis so decide how much time you can devote to doing these on a regular basis and do them on a regular basis.  It is not a one shot deal.

Blessings,
Gurubandhu Singh

Yoga & Tai Chi

GB Khalsa